If you have been in a car accident in Oklahoma City and you have the desire to submit a handwritten collision or car accident report you must follow these steps:
- Either print the accident form above or download it to your computer. The form, including a diagram, is to be filled out as usual.
- Remember this form is specially designed to be scanned by the Records Management Division at DPS and is the only officially authorized form. Self-generated forms are not acceptable. The better quality the form, the better quality scanning can be achieved.
- Mail the original form to:
Department of Public Safety
Records Management Division
P. O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0415
If you have any questions as it related to car accident or collision forms do not hesitate to reach out to us today. We have some of the best Oklahoma City car accident lawyers and attorneys that will help you through each step of the process. We can also help you file a lawsuit to recover your damages, loss of income, medical bills and/or pain and suffering.
After getting into any type of car accident it is a good idea to go through the proper steps. Los Angeles car accident attorney Allen Vaysberg has some great action steps to take. Here is a list of the information you will need to obtain after a car accident from his website:
- The name, address, and phone number of the other driver.
- Insurance company information for the other driver including the policy number.
- License plate number of the other car.
- The year, make, model, and color of the other car.
- Photos that are taken of cars involved in an accident are often helpful.
- We also advise that specific information as to the accident itself be conveyed. For example, we ask for the location of the accident including the street, the lane each driver was in, the direction of travel, speed, things like that.
- If there are any witnesses at the scene of an accident, it’s very important to get their names and numbers. Our firm hires investigators to talk to witnesses in various languages if necessary, so it’s very important to get witness information.
- If the police came to the accident scene then it’s important to give us a copy of the police officer’s card and information so we can request and order the police report for our client.
You can get much more information related to car accidents on the Oklahoma City response tracking page. If you have any questions as it relates to filing a lawsuit after a car accident in Tulsa, Oklahoma City or anywhere in the state of Oklahoma feel free to call us today at 405-235-5200.